The four parts of our spiritual life are: Soul * Heart * Mind * Strength
SOUL: Our first priority and joy is to love and know God.
- We experience God through Prayer, Contemplation, Worship, Silence
- We help each other do this in peace and safety. We participate in prayer and worship in traditional and not-so-traditional ways that stretch us and help us to grow. We become better people by knowing God.
- You are invited into meaningful interactions with God's Spirit. We'll help you do that.
Learn about Journey's Soul Ministry
MIND: In order to love and serve God and other people better, we must learn new things about how to be healthy and how to serve. Jesus called this "making disciples."
- We study and grow together, with openness and without judging others.
- We do not believe everyone has to agree about all things; we focus rather on the calling of God in our community. We question and think and listen.
- We study the Bible, talk about our lives and struggles, and learn about relationships and spiritual life together.
- You are encouraged to explore and expand your faith in following Jesus. We'll grow and learn with you.
Learn about Journey's Mind Ministry
HEART: Everyone desires to belong and to matter. Our community provides love, acceptance, forgiveness, and healing to one another and to those we encounter.
- We spend time together and support each other
- We strive to know each other and to see God in each other.
- We continue to learn how to be more loving and more caring.
- You are encouraged to build connections with other people at Journey and beyond. You are included and important to us.
Learn about Journey's Heart Ministry
STRENGTH: Jesus' measure of a person's spiritual health is in the way that person serves others. We gather our resources to serve the poor and poor in spirit, especially to those beyond our faith community.
- Our abilities
- Our time
- Our money
- Our desire
- You are invited to give your gifts to God. We will encourage and help you to serve with us.
Learn about Journey's Strength Ministry