Our calling is a portrait, or mirror, of our Founder and CEO, Jesus. The heart of how we carry out JIFC's Vision is following Jesus, and practicing our lives as Jesus lived and loved his life:
We are radically inclusive.
We embrace imperfection.
We are a safe community.
We follow Jesus.
We ask, listen to, and obey God.
How that works:
- We are open, messy, and unslick.
- We are vulnerable, even uncomfortable, yet always encouraging.
- We ask God what to do, and pray for direction; we believe this is practical.
- We remind each other of what Jesus values.
- When those values are not congruent with what our culture values, we follow Jesus' example.
- We gather to remember and to remind each other of who we truly are, not what we've been told we are.
- We are independent - we ask God what and how to be, as opposed to asking/ relying on others' traditions, hierarchy, or governance.
- We believe that the spiritual journey has no destination.
- We are all learning to love God, love ourselves as God loves us, and to love others as God loves us.